The Void Project record label is Calling all Graphic Designers
Join the Album art Competition! Contest entry information below.
Works entered must not have appeared on the cover of another publication. Works previously exhibited or published on the artist’s website on the interior pages of a book or magazine are accepted.
Entries are accepted from artists of all nationalities, living anywhere in the world. There is no limit to entries per person.
Works will be accepted on any theme
- FIRST: The selected winner will be awarded a prize package consisting of a €150 cash or voucher, along with the opportunity to have their creation featured on the cover in physical form as a vinyl cover. Additionally, the winner will receive a selection of records showcasing their own work
- SECOND : A price worth €100 will be awarded
- THIRD: A price worth €50 will be awarded
- From Monday 17/07/2023 until Sunday 30/07/2023
- Any submission past the deadline won’t be taken into consideration.
Additional Requirements & Submission Information:
- Email your submission to info@futurgrooves no later than 11.59 pm on the 30/07/2023
- Title: The Void Project 007 album cover submission + name
- Must be original artwork, unique to this particular album
- Must incorporate the “The Void Project” (for the front cover – Logo file above)
Open to everyone over 18 years of age or older at time of entry.
How to enter
Click below to access the entry form. Fill in your details, upload your artwork and click on ‘submit’. Please read the Terms and Conditions below for competition rules, technical specifications, and rights information.
The artwork is an important part of our product. That is why we must take the utmost care here. Please read the specifications and instructions carefully.
- Please send us 300 dpi flattened .PDF files in CMYK(or Pantone) based on our templates only. We do NOT accept INDD/.PSD/.AI/.EPS or any other files.
- Save as PDF/X-1a:2001/1.3, exported without scaling or compression. Other PDF versions may cause transparency issues!
- Artwork templates can be found here: eu/templates.
Always use these templates.
- Do NOT save the template or any visible cutting, folding and punching lines or color bars in the design you send us. Send us the finished and clean design only.
- Fill the cut-out holes of the labels and sleeves with artwork. Please do NOTspare!
- Bleedfor Labels, Sleeves, Inserts is 5mm extra on all sides. Stickers 2mm, Stamps 0mm.
- Convert fonts to paths or embed them in the file. Sometimes we cannot link the fonts used in the design of your file when opening or printing it.
- Fonts must be a minimum of 4 ptfor positive printing and a minimum of 6 pt for negative printing. Also pay attention to the minimum line thicknesses for very fine fonts.
- Line thicknesses may not be less than15 mmin positive printing and 0.25 mm in negative printing.
- Line thickness for hot foil and embossed printing should be at least 35 mm.
- Fonts should be at least 5ptin positive printing and at least 7pt in negative printing. Please pay attention to our minimum thicknesses for exceptionally fine fonts.
- ICC Color Profile: FOGRA 39
- Black characters and lines with a CMYK background should be overprint.
- Knock (cut) out Pantone/HKS colors in the design.
- The sum of all colors may not exceed 280%of the print coverage.
- Cold Rich black = 40%Cyan and 100%
- Warm Rich Black = 30%Cyan 20% Magenta 20% Yellow 100%
- Warm Rich Black = 40%Cyan 50% Magenta 50% Yellow 100%
- Please note that we have a dot gain of about 15%from the file to the print. Be sure contrast for dark colors is at least 15%, for labels or rough paper even 20%. So that the individual elements can still be distinguished from one another even after printing.
- Embed all Pantone color information in the design.
Here are a few additional links:
SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION OF WINNER:
Futurgrooves will include every eligible entry in the Competition. Winner will be selected by Futurgrooves staff. Selection Criteria will be determined by Futurgrooves in its sole discretion and may consist of originality and/or composition. Display or publication of any entry on Futurgrooves ‘s website does not indicate the Entrant will be selected as a Winner.
The Winner will be selected by Friday, August 11, 2023, and Futurgrooves will contact the Winner via the email address provided in the Submission. In addition, the Winner may be announced in multiple places, including but not limited to www.futurgrooves.com and affiliate websites, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and other social media sites.
If the initial contest winner does not reply to the email notification or phone call within three days, we will proceed to select and announce an alternate winner. This measure is necessary to avoid any delays concerning the campaign.
Terms and Conditions
- All artwork entered must be the original work of those submitting it.
- There is no limit to the number of entries per person. Each submission will require a separate entry form.
- The artist’s name should not appear on artwork as judging is anonymous.
- It is not compulsory but works produced within the last three years are preferred.
- Prize winners will be selected by a panel of independent judges and their decision is final.
- Once announced, all entrants will be notified of the result by email. Finalists will be notified by email or telephone.
- By submitting your entry, you agree to all of the terms and conditions listed here.
Prize money will be paid on publication of the winning artwork on the cover of The Void Project 007.
- No use of copyrighted/trademarked images
- No blurry, pixilated, or other image quality issues
- No watermarks
- No artwork that has been used for another album or project
*Please note there could be separate winners for the Front & Back cover design
- All artists retain copyright of their work.
- We declare that all personal information provided will not be utilized for any purpose other than the contest and will remain strictly confidential.
- All entrants agree to the storage of their images in electronic form for the purpose of judging the competition and the private distribution of those images as required to complete the judging process.
- The artist warrants that the rights (of any kind) to the image have not previously been sold or granted to any third party.
- The winner and finalists grant futurgrooves and the void project the right to use the images in electronic form or in print for the specific purpose of promoting futurgrooves and its Awards without restriction in any media.
- futurgroovesagrees that images will not be made available for download on any of its websites at high resolution and that all images used will be credited to the artists. futurgrooves will not be responsible for unauthorized use of any image by a third party.
- Electronic files sent as attachments will not be returned and futurgroovesaccepts no responsibility for submissions in any other form. Prints or physical media sent as submissions will not be returned.
- By entering the Competition, each Entrant grants an irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, gratis, exclusive license to Futurgrooves and its related companies to reproduce, adapt, distribute, and display the Submission as follows:1) in connection with the Competition and promotion of the Competition, including, but not limited to the Futurgrooves and its affiliate websites and the Futurgrooves Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and other social media pages, and
2) in any Futurgrooves -related promotional and marketing materials, and thank-you gifts. Futurgrooves is not obligated to use any Submission.
- Futurgrooves will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek further approval in connection with such use. Futurgrooves or its related organizations may use Winner’s name and likeness for advertising, fundraising, promotional, or publicity purposes without compensation.